An excerpt from Paul Dimond’s in-depth interview with Jorie from Jorie Loves a Story: Conversations with the Bookish, June 8, 2017.
Q: What uplifts your spirit the most when you are not researching or writing novels?
A: When not writing, the following enrich my life:
- sharing time with my two adult daughters and four Grandlads,
- continuing to play competitive tennis with my long-time partners and competitors, some for more than 60 years,
- watching a great movie or reading a good book,
- helping conserve Michigan’s two magnificent peninsulas, four Great Lakes and pure fresh water for generations to come, and
- helping the University of Michigan and Amherst College do even better by their new students than each did for me.